ATF D-VI is a fully-synthetic, lower viscosity version of the ATF DIII-MV and is designed for better fuel efficiency in CAFE testing. Since the final viscosity (after use) of these fluids are similar, Dexron VI fluids can be used where Dexron III fluids were previously recommended (with the exception of some manual transmission applications).
ATF D-VI also provides a GL-4 level of gear protection, making it a suitable for transmissions and transaxles. The balanced frictional characteristics provide smooth and consistent shifts for extended drain intervals.
ATF D-VI is suitable for use where the following specifications or products are recommended:
- Dexron VI, Mercon SP, Mercon LV, Mercon, Dexron III ’99 on.
- Ford Mercon SP- (Torque Shift 5-speed Automatic 5R110W, ’03 on 6.0 litre diesel trucks, 2005-09 V-10, ZF 6HP26 6R60/6R75)
- Mercon LV (’08 Focus)
- Toyota/Lexus ATF WS JWS 3324 (4 Runner, Land Cruiser, Prius & IS250, 350, LS430, GX470, LX470 )
- Fuchs, Mobil & Shell 3353 (Mercedes NAG-2 7 speed transmission MB Sheet 236.12, pt# A001 989 45 03
- ATF D-VI may also replace TASA (Type A, Suffix A), ATF DII(D), DII(E), DIII(G) & DIII(H)