Spanjaard HTS Silicone Grease (Food Grade) is an inorganically-thickened, silicone lubricant, suitable for use in both low and high temperature environments. Spanjaard HTS Silicone Grease is water-resistant, chemically inert, has excellent insulating properties and has a long lifespan under conditions where conventional greases cannot be used. Spanjaard HTS Silicone Grease (Food Grade) is odourless, tasteless, non-conductive and non-staining.
Spanjaard HTS Silicone Grease (Food Grade) is specifically formulated for use in the food processing industry where incidental food contact may occur. All raw materials used in the manufacture of the product comply with FDA section 21 CFR 178.3570. and the product is registered with the NSF as a category H1 lubricant. The product may also be used in packaging, pharmaceutical and other cleanroom environments. The product is Halaal and Kosher certified.
- Lubricant: Lubrication of rubber and plastic components including O-rings, gaskets, valves and seals as well as surfaces that require good lubrication properties over extended periods without drying out.
- Excellent assembly lubricant where elastomers and plastic materials move against metal.
- Lubrication of plastic gears and mechanisms.
Water & Corrosion Resistance: Seals electrical equipment against the ingress of moisture, and protects metal parts against corrosion e.g.:
- Seals outdoor electrical fittings.
- Protects chrome plating.
- Seals screw threads and battery terminals.
Insulating Compound: Non-conductive and prevents electrical leakage and short circuiting e.g.:
- Sealing and potting of electrical and electronic components.
- Prevents tracking on insulators.
- Protects automobile ignition systems.
- Prevents ionisation and sparking on electrical equipment.
Releasing Agent: Acts as a release agent in the rubber & plastics industries including:
- As a release agent for polystyrene, PVC, phenolic and other resins.
- For prevention of component binding when coiled insulation varnish is cured at high temperatures.
- As a mould release for rubber as well as a lubricant and preservative.
- Prevention of resin build-up when epoxy and other glues are used.
- Prevention of icing up in freezers.