Rock Oil’s R&D facility has successfully developed the next generation in 100% synthetic automotive racing oils – the Carbon Series. This development, in conjunction with extensive field-trials with leading racing teams has resulted in a significant breakthrough in lubrication performance.
Market leading additive technology has been combined with the three types of advanced next generation synthetic base stocks. Independent tests have shown that conventional synthetic ester base oils of the polar type have an affinity for internal engine surfaces which can actually be detrimental for wear protection. (These esters can compete with additives for the surface, reducing additive performance). Our latest non-polar extreme performance esters do not compete with anti-wear additives for the surface hence
the step-change in wear protection realised by the Rock Oil Carbon Series products demonstrated below:
The Sequence IV-A (ASTM D6891) is the oil industry’s benchmark flat tappet valve-train wear test.
API SL Limit = 120 microns maximum wear on cam lobes
API SM & SN Limit = 90 microns maximum wear on cam lobes
Rock Oil Carbon 5W-30 = 26 microns
In addition to outstanding wear protection, to release full engine power the Rock Oil Carbon Series has been developed to significantly reduce friction through the use of unique organic friction modifier technology.
- Tri-Synthetic Formula – includes Non-Polar Synthetic Ester, Polyalphaolefin (PAO) and a proprietary next
generation fully synthetic base oil
- Outstanding resistance to Permanent Viscosity Loss (PVL) through use of active, self healing Viscosity
- Modifiers– extremely important for highly stressed, tight tolerance racing engines
- Exceptionally low NOACK volatility – results in very low oil consumption
- Unsurpassed wear protection – especially important for racing applications
Rock Oil Carbon 10W-50 specifications:
API SN, SM, CF
Important Note: The Carbon Series of products are not recommended for road use where vehicles are fitted with after-treatment devices; specifically Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF’s).